- White or black candle with a small body
- No upper shadow or the shadow cannot be longer than the body
- Lower shadow at least two times longer than the body
- If the gap is created at the opening or the closing, it makes the signal stronger
- Appears as a long line
- The body is fully located above the trendline.
The hanging man candle is characterized by having a small real body, little or no upper shadow (wick), and a lower shadow at least twice the length of the body.
- Upward trend
- Opening level
- Upper shadow
- Long lower shadow
- Closing level